Junction BI™ can be thought of as a “virtual ERP” (Enterprise Resource Planning system) – it mirrors the information contained in one or more QuickBooks databases in a separate repository. Specifically, this Consolidated Analysis Repository (“CAR”) component of Junction BI™ organizes and consolidates information into master views that can be used for reporting, budgeting, and analysis.
Another way to think about CAR is as a virtual ERP exists as a layer on top of the source ERPs. Junction BI™ handles the interactions with the actual ERPs, but applications interact with CAR. This virtual ERP allows for the consolidation of accounts from multiple ERPs using the Junction BI™ mapping feature without requiring any modification to the source ERPs. The mapping scheme is extensible and can be used for other dimensions of the data (e.g. classes, customers, products). For example, CAR can organize information from one or more QuickBooks files and other sources (external applications and/or data not maintained in QuickBooks) and map the data to customized hierarchies for presentation in logical groups, facilitating analysis and management reporting (e.g. north, south, east and west regions for customers).
Other solutions than Junction BI™ will consolidate multiple ERPs and can even provide alternate charts of accounts. But they require you to switch over to their new ERP system, converting (or copying/reentering data) or abandoning your historical data. It is not practical to keep your old ERPs updated for reporting purposes, at the same time as entering data in a new system. Junction BI™ elegantly allows you to do it all.
Junction BI™ is also more than a historical repository that extracts and optionally "cleanses" the data. Junction BI™ goes further and completely reorganizes the historical and current transactions into new and independent ledgers (GL, sales ledger, etc.). The ERP information in CAR can be queried separately for historical or legal entity reporting or in any combination, enabling multiple-level consolidated reporting (e.g., divisions, departments, legal entities), for a variety of stakeholders and others such as management, owners, lenders, investors, taxing authorities.
How Consolidated Analysis Repository inputs work
Junction BI™ data extractor extracts data from QuickBooks ERP at various optional intervals:
- Incremental: Extracts new transactions since last update.
- Reload from date: Extracts all transactions entered since a specified date.
- Reload all data: Extracts all transactions on the company database.
- Full rebuild: Extracts all transactions on the company database, plus rebuilds the company database in the repository.
The Junction BI™ Data Extender also reads data from other sources than QuickBooks.
- Junction BI™ data repository builder: Builds or appends detail transaction records in each QuickBooks company’s staged repository database.
- Staging repository: SQL databases containing detail transaction records for each QuickBooks company file loaded into Junction BI™.
- Other data: The Junction BI™ Data Extender also inserts data from other sources than QuickBooks into the staged repository database.
Mapping & Consolidation
- Junction BI™ Data Mapper: User controlled multi-company, multi-level consolidations including information from other data sources beyond QuickBooks.
- CAR (Consolidated Analysis Repository): SQL databases containing user defined hierarchies of data for consolidated companies.
- Junction BI™ Consolidated Query Viewer: Pre-built SQL queries made available for SQL or ODBC tools.
How Consolidated Analysis Repository outputs work
BI Reporting & Analysis
- Junction BI™ Visualization Connector: Automated process updating the OLAP database for reporting.
- Junction BI™ Tool Kit: Visualization tools or graphical screens:
- Financial: Summarize financial reports, drilling down to detail transactions.
- Revenue cycle: Customer and Sales reports drilling down to detail transactions.
- Procurement cycle: Vendor and Procurement reports drilling down to detail transactions.
- Junction BI™ Excel Add-In: Provides query selection, field selection and sorting capacities from the Excel ribbon bar.
- SQL Reporting Tools: Applicable with any software that reads SQL, such as Crystal Reports.
- 3rd Party Software: Applicable with any 3rd part software to analyze your data.